Barnes & Noble Sales & Inventory Manager in Wyomissing, Pennsylvania
Sales & Inventory Manager
PA - Wyomissing - Reading - 2050
As a sales and inventory manager, you are responsible for overseeing the product lifecycle, merchandise presentation and the receiving area in our stores. You capitalize on sales opportunities and deliver operational excellence in your store. You maximize sales and profitability when acting as the manager-on duty- through observing and coaching your booksellers. You care about and value people and exemplify our core values.
• Deliver and grow sales and other business metrics year-over-year through optimizing merchandise presentation, zone maintenance and customizing merchandise selection.
• Support the training of booksellers through observing and coaching when acting as the MOD.
• Observe, mentor and motivate booksellers ensuring they consistently engage our customers and enthusiastically model our selling behaviors, culture and other company initiatives.
• Assist with and effectively resolve employee and customer issues in partnership with the store manager.
• Ensure efficient execution of receiving and processing and shelving of daily receipts, returns, and customer orders.
• Responsible for replenishment and ordering of products to capitalize on current and future sales trends
• Provide consistent communication and model expected behaviors to ensure compliance with all policies, procedures and our core values.
• Support a successful business development program through accurate and timely processing, staging and shipping of orders.
• Assist with maintaining facility conditions and take immediate action to correct and ensure the best customer experience in partnership with the store manager.
• Control shrink and expense by accurately completing and submitting all tracking and receiving paperwork, and ensuring that processes are followed.
• Strong organizational and written/verbal communication skills
• Work primarily on the selling floor and oversee activities in the receiving area, which requires physical activity (i.e., prolonged standing, repetitive bending, climbing and lifting)
• Availability for early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays to align with store needs
• Ability to multi-task
• At least one year of management experience, preferably in retail.
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.