Barnes & Noble Support Technician in Westbury, New York
The Support Technician is a temporary position (approximately 6 months) with strong potential to become regular.
• Provide first-level support for all calls coming into the Barnes & Noble Store Systems Help Desk.
• Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve any incoming calls for assistance from all stores.
• Ensure all aspects of calls are fully and clearly documented in the issue tracking system.
• Place and expedite service calls with our outside vendors when on-site assistance is required.
• Escalate any store issues that you are unable to resolve to the proper level of support.
• Provide proper follow up of all unresolved issues regarding not only your own calls, but any open calls in our system.
• Identify and communicate any patterns or trends of incoming calls to Help Desk Management.
• Provide technical or logistical support to any projects as assigned.
• High school diploma plus Associate degree or technical school certificate required.
• PC hardware and troubleshooting knowledge, A+ certification.
• Knowledge of Windows OS – XP & NT.
• Basic WAN/LAN knowledge with Cisco equipment.
• Basic knowledge of wireless networks and devices.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and analytical, problem-solving skills.
• Customer service experience preferred.
•Required to work the following 40-hour workweek: Tuesday - Friday from 3:00 pm - 11;30 pm and Saturday from 12:00 pm - 8:30 pm. There will be an initial two weeks of training from Monday – Friday from 9:00 am – 5:30 pm. Must be flexible and open to a future schedule change.
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.