Barnes & Noble Staff Accountant in Westbury, New York
The Staff Accountant is responsible for maintaining and recording accurate and timely financial transactions within reporting deadlines and in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Prepare journal entries for the month-end close in accordance with GAAP.
• Reconcile balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis and ensure they are properly supported.
• Ensure timely and accurate income statement recognition in accordance with GAAP.
• Adhere to monthly close deadline schedule to ensure tasks are completed within established deadlines.
• Adhere to internal controls and prepare deliverables for audits that involve reviews of accounting records.
• Capitalize internal labor project stages in accordance with accounting guidance.
• Identify critical issues that must be raised to a higher level for decision making.
• Bachelor's Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance with a strong GPA.
• Strong organization, time-management, prioritization, multi-tasking, independent-decision making, problem-solving, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
• Strong computer skills in a Windows environment, especially in Excel and Word, as well as Oracle Financial Systems.
• Must have the ability to handle multiple projects.
• Must be a team player with ability to prioritize.
• Hands-on, detail-oriented and proactive.
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate issues.
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.