Barnes & Noble Warehouse Clerk-Temp. 1st Shift (6am-230pm) $13.00/hr. in Reno, Nevada
Warehouse Clerk-Temp. 1st Shift (6am-230pm) $13.00/hr.
As a warehouse clerk, you are responsible for ensuring productivity and customer service standards. You organize and store electronically all inbound stock and ensure the safe loading and unloading of trucks. You prepare customer orders for outbound shipping.
• Organize and store electronically all inbound stock
• Open boxes and empty product for putaway and sorting
• Load and unload merchandise onto trucks and/or conveyors by hand or via pallet jacks
• Pull stock based upon customer orders and prepare it for outbound shipping
• Work in various departments to adjust work flow to orders received
• Use hand held computer to pull electronic orders
• Use fixed scanner on sorting line to prepare books/brochures for sealing
• Completes packaging and shipping label processes
• Assists with cleaning trash conveyers, moving cardboard bails, running totes, and collecting trays
• Frequent use of hand tools: box cutters, tape gun, and cleaning gear
• No warehousing experience required; prior experience a plus
• Basic written and verbal English communications skills required
• Read and understand written English
• Multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Basic math skills
• Continuous body movement and the ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Lifting, pushing and pulling continuously up to 50 lbs with or without any reasonable accommodation.
• Act with integrity and trust, promoting our bookselling culture and core values
• Perform any additional duties as instructed by Management
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.