Barnes & Noble Traffic Manager in New York, New York
NY-New York (Midtown)
The Traffic Manager oversees and manages all projects for the creative team from briefing to completion, ensuring each part of the project meets internal and external deadlines. It is critical for the candidate to understand the specific skill sets involved in creative and production processes for print and digital advertising projects, site updates, user experience, and app creation. Its important to understand the time it takes to complete tasks, the volume of work assigned to individual team members and to forecast the availability of the creative team to take on additional volume or re-prioritize as additional volume arises in order to maximize productivity and meet deadlines.
Using network servers and workflow management tools, the traffic manager will assign tasks to designers, track progress of each task, determine and update status reports and project timelines, distribute tasks to designers, copywriter, etc. and is also the point person for any questions regarding project workflow, job status and deadlines.
The traffic manager creates the schedule for all projects flowing through the creative team, including advertising, marketing, hardware launches, software designs, packaging, etc. Routes layouts, copy, proofs, and other project elements for approval; confirms delivery of approved art files to all outside vendors. Orders product samples and coordinates with other departments to ensure proper delivery of marketing assets for all external client events such as tradeshows, sales meetings etc. Maintains project flow, proactively alerting stakeholders of upcoming project milestones and required deliverables. Maintains agency workroom and supplies needed to complete all project requests.
• Create master timelines for large scale projects and track deliverables from request to completion
• Manage daily run the business projects from request to completion
• Manage photo studio shot list and product for photo shoots
• Update and manage daily creative schedule for design team
• Schedule meetings
• Prep for presentations
• Create and manage vendor contracts
• Manage vendor relationships and invoicing
• At the end of each day, all deadlines must be met and workflow managed to meet upcoming deadlines.
• Minimum of five to seven years of experience as a Traffic coordinator, project manager
• Bachelor’s degree or higher required.
• Excellent communication skills, both internal and external, is required to inform and navigate projects to defined goals.
• Extremely detail-oriented, highly organized and natural multi-tasker
• Familiar with standard project management procedures and tools
• Excellent time-management skills
• Must have interpersonal skills to balance approachability, customer service and creative problem solving with firm and decisive demeanor necessary to keep assignees on task.
• Expert in Microsoft office. Working knowledge of creative suite is a plus
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.