Barnes & Noble RFP Analyst in New York, New York
NY-New York (Flatiron)
You support the business development department by overseeing the development of proposals, bids, quotations, or other documents describing organizational products and services in response to requests from prospective clients. You will collaborate with members of the sales, marketing, finance, legal, human resources or product teams to ensure content is complete, accurate, and timely. You will work closely with the RBDMs, and Business Development Coordinator to analyze the business and assist with determining new business opportunities to pursue in the field.
• Responsible for coordinating all aspects of business development’s proposal process in response to requests for proposals at the city, state, school and business levels. This includes delegating specific tasks related to the execution of RFPs to appropriate personnel in the field where appropriate and overseeing the execution of those tasks.
• Work in partnership with key home office partners, including but not limited to, legal, finance and Human Resources when necessary to ensure proper execution of contracts and terms.
• Conduct research to determine national and state level cooperative opportunities as well as initiating strategies to grow sales with existing cooperatives.
• Create and execute marketing strategy to leverage existing contracts and increase sales.
• Create and oversee a reporting and notification process to stores and regions to provide transparency and information about existing contracts and how to leverage them.
• Acquisition of new contracts at the national and state level.
• Create reporting processes to be used at the home office, regional, and store level to better analyze contract business.
• Collaborate with key home office members to identify new product opportunities, enhancements to current services and offerings, and trending requirements to remain competitive and pursue new business categories.
• Utilize subscription services such as Onvia and Smartprocure to identify new trends that can be executed in the field as well as identifying data provided by these services that can be used to improve our competitive offering.
• Create and execute ongoing training to the field to ensure understanding of contractual processes including funding, grants, procurement practices, budgets, and how to pursue contract business.
• Create and execute training for RBDMs to provide the proper information necessary to assist with their coaching conversations with CBDMs and RBDAs related to contracts and RFP business.
• Communicate key contract instructions and guidelines when necessary to the appropriate field partners to ensure contracts are executed properly at the store, district and regional levels.
• Responsible for overseeing and executing state level contracts and extensions related to those contracts.
• Proficiency in utilizing and interpreting financial models and analyses.
• Experience in applying organizational standards when developing requests for proposals, negotiating terms and drafting contracts.
• Ability to systematically analyze complex problems, draw relevant conclusions and implement appropriate solutions.
• Excellent negotiating and persuasive skills, both in one-on-one and group situations.
• You must be detail-oriented and able to multitask, managing your time efficiently while working under strict deadlines and often independently.
• You must be proficient in Outlook, Excel, Word, and Access and must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• College degree preferred
• A minimum of 2 to 3 years prior experience in a contract manager role preferably related to the education market.
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.