Barnes & Noble Marketing Operations Analyst in New York, New York
Marketing Operations Analyst
NY-New York (Flatiron)
The Marketing Operations Analyst is responsible for supporting all aspects of executing Customer Marketing plans. This includes testing and implementation of promotions; setup, testing, and deployment of marketing emails to millions of customers, implementing new lifecycle streams, as well as working on email deliverability issues. This position requires collaboration with the other Marketing teams, IT, vendors and Customer Service.
• Work with Marketing and Merchandising to enter and QA promotions for website and retail stores. Provide testing scenarios for Store Systems, and troubleshooting as needed.
• Work with IT to develop new promotion templates when needed, document system bugs, and recommend process improvements.
• Manage email campaigns in Harmony, our email platform. The individual will be trained on the system and expected to become a “super user” who is able to manage complex campaigns from start to finish. This will include troubleshooting in HTML.
• Maintain mailing calendars and provide general support to improve team and program efficiency.
• Partner closely with Marketing to understand business objectives and manage flawless operational execution.
• Work with Marketing Operations to ensure the successful launch of robust campaigns to millions of customers.
• Develop an understanding of our data systems, enabling us to identify and execute new marketing opportunities based on customer data.
• Work within the B&N database ecosystem to develop new trigger & lifecycle email programs based on customer activity or inactivity.
• Assist in the design, development and execution of periodic reporting around customer behaviors and characteristics.
• Analyze results of campaign efforts and suggest strategies to continuously improve performance.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
• Exceptional attention to detail and analytical skills.
• MS Office including Excel, Visio, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
• Project management and problem solving skills.
• BA/BS with a preference for Marketing or Operations.
• 1-2 years experience in email or digital marketing.
• Experience with and/or strong interest in direct marketing, email marketing or database marketing.
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.