Barnes & Noble Manager, Consumer Insights in New York, New York
Manager, Consumer Insights
NY-New York (Flatiron)
As the Manager, Consumer Insights, you are responsible for assessing, developing, and implementing insights and strategy needs for Barnes & Noble. You are experienced at integrating relevant knowledge for maximum insight with the ability to translate into actionable recommendations. You are a trusted adviser and thought leader to the business.
• Collaborate and work cross-functionally to contribute to the development of brand and growth strategies. Drive a holistic view of the consumer and marketplace.
• Lead agenda across business units, helping to provide strategic direction by unlocking data-driven, actionable insights.
• Design innovative research and learning plans in accordance with business objectives; managing project timelines, deliverables, and budget, as assigned and with input from the Director.
• Manage supplier selection, activity and work flow to ensure cost efficient, accurate, and timely completion of projects.
• Leverage all data sources (past research, secondary data, CRM data, and digital tracking) to develop and share-out multisource insights syntheses.
• Develop and present research summaries of key insights for senior leadership.
• Passion to learn, uncover insights and influence throughout the organization and a genuine curiosity towards the business.
• You should also have experience assessing the latest macro cultural trends as well as retail trends as well as its application to the business solutions.
• You should be knowledgeable of the fundamental Insight and research methodologies, tools and techniques and understand the proper application and interpretation of such techniques, as well as demonstrated ability to apply to business solutions.
• Solid knowledge of research methodologies, curious to learn and experiment.
• Ability to translate consumer understanding to insight.
• Ability to apply research to address business challenges.
• Collaboration / teamwork skills.
• 5+ yrs experience as a consumer research professional; either in packaged goods or retail.
• Bachelor's Degree required/Advanced Degree preferred.
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.