Barnes & Noble Financial Analyst--Financial Reporting in New York, New York
Financial Analyst--Financial Reporting
NY-New York (Flatiron)
As a Financial AnalystFinancial Reporting, you will be a member of the Finance team participating in the process and controls over external financial reporting. You will support all aspects of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting. You will be responsible for the month-end close, journal entries, and preparation of the consolidated financial statements and footnotes in accordance with general accepted accounting principles (GAAP). In addition, you will prepare the monthly balance sheet and income statement analysis schedules and maintain certain account reconciliations.
• Prepare monthly financial statements and corresponding analysis.
• Prepare monthly journal entries, as required, and ensure documentation of accounting records.
• Prepare corresponding accrual journal entries with consolidation activities.
• Assist in the preparation of monthly management analytics and reports.
• Prepare comments and variance analysis for balance sheet and income statement.
• Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual external financial statements and SEC filings.
• Assist in the annual audit process with external auditors by gathering support documents and preparing audit schedules.
• Assist in preparation of annual employee benefit plan financial statements.
• Conduct non-routine financial analysis/reporting projects
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance; CPA preferred.
• At least 2 years of public accounting with SEC experience.
• Strong accounting skills and knowledge of GAAP standards.
• Strong analytical, interpersonal and communications skills.
• Proficient in MS, Excel and Word.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks with attention to detail.
• Knowledge of Oracle Accounting System a plus.
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.