Barnes & Noble Director, Pricing & Competitive Intelligence in New York, New York
Director, Pricing & Competitive Intelligence
NY-New York (Flatiron)
In this newly created position, you will be responsible to develop and lead our pricing strategy and analysis function. You will build a pricing structure to analyze productivity of various merchandising strategies across multiple categories. You will collaborate with cross functional teams and provide intelligence for decisions regarding pricing strategies.
• Measure the effectiveness of pricing strategies and programs, identify revenue and/or margin opportunities and make recommendations to senior management.
• Create reporting and tracking tools that provide visibility into past and future promotions.
• Partner with merchandising teams to identify underperforming items or categories and recommend pricing strategy.
• Analyze promotion and clearance cadence. Develop performance targets, monitor inventory ownership, sales performance and make recommendations for end-of-life merchandise programs.
• Analyze the competitive landscape with respect to product offerings, pricing, promotional offers, etc. and build tools to monitor competition.
• Develop and implement user-friendly analytics dashboards and tools that perform complex analysis manipulating large data sets to identify actionable business insights.
• Perform profitability analyses and evaluating return on investment for various product lines and new initiatives.
• Develop, communicate, maintain and update pricing policies, processes, and procedures.
• Ad hoc project work related to product pricing.
• Strong business acumen, as well as strong analytical and strategic thinking skills.
• Possess the ability to navigate and manipulate large data sets to identify trends.
• Detail-oriented, self-motivated individual who can work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
• Bachelor's Degree in finance, business intelligence or related field.
• Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant experience in pricing strategy, analytics, statistics, financial modeling, and/or data interpretation in a specialty retail environment.
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.