Barnes & Noble Digital Category Manager in New York, New York
Digital Category Manager
NY-New York (Midtown)
The Category Manager will be responsible for managing the multiple product categories and promotions for our digital business which includes bn.com and Nook Digital. This role will work cross-functionally with the Digital Experience, Operations, Marketing, Digital Merchandising teams, as well as our Store Merchandising and Merchandise Planning teams, in order to provide thoughtful, comprehensive, and meaningful strategies for online product categories. This role will be a key digital counterpart for the store merchandising teams. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, strategic thinking, and independent with the ability to build strong partnerships.
• Manage select product categories and their online merchandising, marketing and consumer targeting strategies.
• Responsible for the digital growth of select product categories across all digital touchpoints.
• Develop online business strategies to drive category growth.
• Collaborate with various cross-functional partners to ensure that the strategic plans are in line with total company priorities, and are carried out as designed to meet growth expectations.
• Build and manage promotional calendar in partnership with merchant teams and communicate effectively to marketing partners.
• Analyze and report on sales performance and trends.
• Recommend digital tool and experience improvements in order to grow categorical sales.
• Stay up-to-date on digital competitive landscape and consumer behaviors including lifecycle, shopping behaviors, etc.
• Bachelor's Degree required
• 5+ years merchandising and promotions experience
• Retail and digital merchandising experience required
• Ability to multi-task in a high demand and fast-paced environment
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong partnership skills
• Highly analytical
• Self-motivated with the ability to be performance and results driven
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to navigate complex organizations
• Strong Computer Skills: Word, Power Point, Excel & Outlook
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.