Barnes & Noble CAD Operator in New York, New York
NY-New York (Flatiron)
Support Retail Operations and Real Estate & Development in preparing merchandise and fixturing plans for new and existing projects.
• Interact with Retail Operations, Merchandise, and Real Estate and architects to develop and obtain final approvals of merchandise plans for all new locations and existing store locations.
• Maintain and distribute notes from weekly DRC meeting and update New Store reports as they relate to new store opening information.
• Prepare and distribute all final merchandise plans for new and existing stores.
• Copy and distribute all CAD files to vendors, architects and in house employees upon final completion of plans for new and existing locations.
• Maintain and archive final reproducible MEP and Architectural drawings.
• Assist in development of new store fixtures and maintenance of store fixture drawings (includes overseeing prototyping of sample fixtures).
• Knowledge of computer aided drafting and proficiency with CAD systems
• Ability to produce CAD drawings in a reasonable time frame with assistance
• Understanding of basic drafting and design concepts
• Ability to work in a multi-task environment
• Basic knowledge of the construction process and techniques
• Ability to acquire knowledge of large format printer operation
• Ability to meet deadlines and be an independent worker
• Ability to accomplish department objectives by meeting work standards
• Must be optimistic and enthusiastic
• College degree plus 1-3 years related experience.
• Experience and proficiency in all aspects of Auto CAD operation through Auto CAD 2011.
• Working knowledge of MS Suite including Word, Excel, and Access.
• Ability to read blueprints.
• Experience in the layout of retail merchandise plans and store fixture layouts.
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently.
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.