Barnes & Noble Assistant Buyer - Exceptional Value Books in New York, New York
Assistant Buyer - Exceptional Value Books
NY-New York (Flatiron)
We are currently looking for a passionate individual to join Barnes & Nobles Exceptional Value Books team as an Assistant Buyer. This is an exciting high-growth opportunity and a key focus of the business.
• Responsibilities include title management and maintenance, purchase order execution and tracking and inventory distribution to stores, distribution centers and BN.com.
• Create reports for analysis of business trends and project merchandise requirements
• Analyze store trends and allocate quantities for promotion orders in the stores and distribution centers to maintain proper inventory levels
• Work closely with cross-functional partners to ensure the merchandising vision is executable at the store level.
• Collaborate with the Marketing Department to create planograms for all promotions within the assigned area of responsibility.
• Communicate with publishers regarding the status of orders, publication date changes and promotional quantity needs.
• Manage project deadlines with the buying team to ensure department deliverables are met.
• Create internal website commentary for important titles, promotions and business drivers to communicate product knowledge to stores.
• Strong internship experience in a retail merchandising area highly desired
• Bachelor's degree
• Strong analytical background and detail oriented
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.