Barnes & Noble Lead Barista/Lead Café Server - Full-Time in Hingham, Massachusetts
Lead Barista/Lead Café Server - Full-Time
MA - Hingham - Hingham - 2194
As a Cafe Lead, you sell our products and deliver world-class customer service through your commitment to our four core service principles. You have a passion for what you do and enrich the customer's experience by sharing your expert product knowledge them and the store team. You serve as a mentor to other cafe servers, assist in the daily operations of the Cafe, and make the store experience interactive and engaging.
• Provide world-class customer service by delivering the four core service principles of the Cafe: provide timely and friendly Cafe service, upsell, maintain product presentation standards, and maintain Cafe cleanliness.
• Ensure exceptional product quality standards, using bake logs, completing prep sheets and waste logs, and working with the manager on duty to verify any necessary paperwork.
• Maintain Cafe cleanliness at all times, using the maintenance checklists to delegate and follow up on tasks throughout the day.
• Assist with the execution and compliance of Integrated Store Operations (ISO) standards in partnership with the cafe manager.
• Prepare and serve drinks and food in accordance with health code and Cafe standards.
• Perform all opening and closing procedures and support tasks in accordance with Cafe standards.
• Protect company assets by ensuring the accurate execution of loss prevention procedures, including but not necessarily limited to the following; cashiering and inventory standards, monitoring waste logs and recording consumption, and adhering to discount and return policies.
• Help orient and train new cafe servers, ensuring a smooth acclimation to the store and our bookselling culture.
• Act with integrity and trust, promoting our bookselling culture and core values.
• You sell and share your product knowledge with customers and booksellers, contributing to the overall success of your store.
• You relate easily to others, building rapport and collaborative relationships with the store team and customers.
• You are able to speak with all customers and enjoy working with people.
• You are patient, tolerant, and effective at listening to and checking with others before acting.
• You are a cooperative team player who easily gains the trust and support of your peers.
• You continue to expand your specialized product knowledge. You are comfortable in a changing environment, with multitasking, with learning new systems and processes, and with assisting in all areas of the store.
• You comply at all times with the Standards, Policies, and Code of Business Conduct and Ethics set out in the Bookseller Handbook.
• You work in the Cafe, which requires physical activity, including prolonged standing, repetitive bending, climbing, and lifting.
• Our stores are open daily, which requires early morning, evening, weekend, and holiday availability.
• You should be capable of using a computer and cash register.
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.