Barnes & Noble Store Manager in College Station, Texas
TX - College Station - College Station - 2875
As a store manager, you are responsible for the overall management of your store. You deliver sales goals year-over-year by motivating, developing, and empowering your team. You hold your store team accountable for providing exceptional customer service through our four core service principles. You recruit, select and develop the best talent for your store. You ensure operational excellence in your store to maximize sales and profitability. You care about and value people and exemplify our core values.
• Deliver and grow sales and other business metrics year-over-year.
• Optimize every sales opportunity by ensuring the store team consistently executes merchandising strategies, operations, loyalty programs and other company initiatives.
• Recruit, select, onboard and develop high-caliber talent through training, coaching and assignments.
• Mentor and motivate booksellers, and hold them accountable to drive sales and enthusiastically model our selling behaviors and culture.
• Create a culture of proactive customer engagement to exceed our customer’s expectations.
• Drive a successful business development program through community outreach, driving outside sales and assigning booksellers to support the program.
• Control shrink, expense and payroll and hold the store team accountable to do the same.
• Provide consistent communication and model expected behaviors to ensure compliance with all policies and procedures.
• Evaluate employee performance and proactively address any issues.
• Investigate and effectively resolve customer and employee issues keeping in line with our core values.
• Maintain facility conditions and take immediate action to correct and ensure the best customer experience.
• Strong organizational and written/verbal communication skills
• Spend the majority of time on the selling floor, which requires physical activity (i.e., prolonged standing, repetitive bending, lifting, climbing)
• Availability for early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays to align with store needs
• Travel overnight and out-of-area for meetings and conferences
• College degree preferred.
• External Candidate: At least 3 years of experience as a manager of store of comparable volume and complexity.
• Internal Candidate: Successfully managed all components of our business and successfully completed an assistant store manager assessment.
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.