Barnes & Noble Barista/Café Server - Part-Time in Salt Lake City, Utah
Barista/Café Server - Part-Time
UT - Salt Lake City - Gateway - 2087
Barnes & Noble is an innovator in publishing, retail, and digital media, including our award-winning NOOK® products and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content. We welcome creative, dedicated, and service-oriented team members who are passionate about being an integral part of our dynamic community and helping it thrive. Whether your expertise is in retail, merchandising, publishing, marketing, technology, or finance, we have a place for you at Barnes & Noble.
As a Cafe Server, you sell our products and deliver world-class customer service through your commitment to our four core service principles. You have a passion for what you do and enrich the customer's experience by sharing your knowledge to determine the customer's needs. You assist in the daily operations of the cafe, and make the store experience interactive and engaging.
Auto req ID:
Salt Lake City
• Provide world-class customer service by delivering the four core service principles of the cafe: provide timely and friendly cafe service, upsell, maintain product presentation standards, and maintain cafe cleanliness.
• Prepare and serve drinks and food in accordance with health code and cafe standards.
• Perform all support tasks in the cafe, including but not necessarily limited to baking, cleaning cases and equipment, and restocking displays, in accordance with cafe standards.
• Maintain cafe cleanliness at all times, including but not necessarily limited to cleaning tables, maintaining the condiment bar, and removing trash in accordance with cafe standards.
• Ensure execution and compliance with Integrated Store Operations (ISO) standards for the cafe.
• Perform opening and closing procedures in accordance with cafe standards.
• Protect company assets by ensuring the accurate execution of loss prevention procedures, including but not necessarily limited to the following; cashiering and inventory standards, monitoring waste logs and recording consumption, and adhering to discount and return policies.
• Help orient new cafe servers, ensuring a smooth acclimation to the store and our bookselling culture.
• Assist in any area of the store when necessary; including but not limited to receiving, cashwrap, Information Desk and specialty areas
• Act with integrity and trust, promoting our bookselling culture and core values.
• You sell and share your knowledge with customers and other cafe servers, contributing to the overall success of your store.
• You relate easily to others, building rapport and collaborative relationships with the store team and customers.
• You acknowledge, greet, and listen effectively to customers to ensure courteous and quick service.
• You take the initiative to expand your knowledge and understanding of the business.
• You are comfortable in a changing environment, with multitasking, with learning new systems and processes, and with assisting in all areas of the store.
• You comply at all times with the Standards, Policies, and Code of Business Conduct and Ethics set out in the Bookseller Handbook.
• You work in the cafe and on the selling floor as needed, which requires physical activity, including maneuvering around the store including back rooms, prolonged standing, repetitive bending, climbing, and lifting.
• Our stores are open daily, which requires early morning, evening, weekend, and holiday availability.
• You should be capable of using a computer and cash register.
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.