Barnes & Noble Maintenance Technician-A in Reno, Nevada
Barnes & Noble Company Overview
Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS) is a Fortune 500 company, the nation’s largest retail bookseller, and a leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products with annual revenues of more than $4 billion. The Company operates 648 Barnes & Noble bookstores in 50 states, and one of the Web’s premier e-commerce sites,BN.com(www.bn.com). Our Nook Digital business offers a lineup of popular NOOK®tablets and eReaders and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content through the NOOK Store®(www.nook.com).
It’s no secret why Barnes & Noble is among the best-loved and most-respected brands in the country. From becoming the first bookseller in America to discount books in the 1970s to establishing the superstore concept in the 1990s to the launch of NOOK and our current merchandise expansion into areas like educational toys and games and curated gifts, Barnes & Noble continues to revolutionize the retail industry.
Over the past few years, we have dynamically transformed our business from a store-based model to a multi-channel model centered on our retail stores, e-commerce and digital. Our multi-channel distribution platform provides customers easy and convenient access to print and digital books, magazines, newspapers, and entertainment content, along with a diverse product selection that rivals any specialty retailer. In addition, we have implemented a variety of innovative merchandising initiatives that continue to grow store traffic and sales.
With corporate offices in New York City, Westbury, NY, and Santa Clara, CA, we offer a wide range of opportunities in various disciplines, including merchandising, book buying, marketing, digital, engineering, information technology, finance and accounting. Our distribution centers in Monroe, NJ, and Reno, NV, offer challenging opportunities in distribution, logistics and more, while our state-of-the-art customer service center in Lyndhurst, NJ, features opportunities for customer service professionals. And our Sterling Publishing subsidiary in New York City provides exciting opportunities in the publishing field.
We're passionate about our people and profession and are investing in all areas of our business, so the opportunities to make an impact based on your interests, skills and talents have never been greater. If you have a focus on customer satisfaction, teamwork, and enjoy the free exchange of ideas, consider joining our team.
Maintenance Technician-A (1st Shift)
What you do:
Lead troubleshooting, repair and maintaining equipment and facility including all conveyor equipment, electrical motor controls, motors, gear reducers, pneumatic and hydraulic controls and other equipment to keep the machinery and facility operating efficiently with minimum down-time. Work independently and assist in training fellow team members, and maintenance helpers.
- Learning ability for new tasks and technology
- Training Maintenance Helpers to develop and expand their skills in maintenance and repair functions.
- Reads basic blueprints and schematics.
- Train employees to work safely, protect company assets and promote corporate safety policies.
- Perform and record preventative maintenance on machines and systems
- Responds and leads service calls to address repairs and safety issues
- Exposure to working at heights and use of ladders, Man lifts, Forklifts, Carts while following safety guidelines when these conditions are present.
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts, caustic chemicals, fumes, airborne particles, extreme heat or cold, and outside weather conditions, and consistently follows safety guidelines when these conditions are present.
- Repetitive body movement and the ability to stand for long periods of time and to lift, push, and pull a minimum of 50 lbs.
What you need:
- Proficient in the area of mechanical and electrical motor controls troubleshooting.
- Advanced knowledge of proper terminology, hardware and repairs parts.
- Must have working knowledge of material handling equipment and conveyor maintenance.
- Must have 5+ years experience in a maintenance background or vocational training.
- Knowledge of Electrical and HVAC and ability to work on electrical motor control circuits up to 480vac.
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills and practice safe work habits.
- Ability to follow directions and work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and work overtime as necessary to support 24 x 7 operation.
- Ability to read diagrams and follow multiple instructions.
To learn more about Barnes & Noble Booksellers please go to www.bn.com
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.