Barnes & Noble IT Systems Support Analyst I in Reno, Nevada
IT Systems Support Analyst I
Barnes & Noble Company Overview
Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS) is a Fortune 500 company, the nation’s largest retail bookseller, and a leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products with annual revenues of more than $4 billion. The Company operates 648 Barnes & Noble bookstores in 50 states, and one of the Web’s premier e-commerce sites,BN.com(www.bn.com). Our Nook Digital business offers a lineup of popular NOOK®tablets and eReaders and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content through the NOOK Store®(www.nook.com).
It’s no secret why Barnes & Noble is among the best-loved and most-respected brands in the country. From becoming the first bookseller in America to discount books in the 1970s to establishing the superstore concept in the 1990s to the launch of NOOK and our current merchandise expansion into areas like educational toys and games and curated gifts, Barnes & Noble continues to revolutionize the retail industry.
Over the past few years, we have dynamically transformed our business from a store-based model to a multi-channel model centered on our retail stores, e-commerce and digital. Our multi-channel distribution platform provides customers easy and convenient access to print and digital books, magazines, newspapers, and entertainment content, along with a diverse product selection that rivals any specialty retailer. In addition, we have implemented a variety of innovative merchandising initiatives that continue to grow store traffic and sales.
With corporate offices in New York City, Westbury, NY, and Santa Clara, CA, we offer a wide range of opportunities in various disciplines, including merchandising, book buying, marketing, digital, engineering, information technology, finance and accounting. Our distribution centers in Monroe, NJ, and Reno, NV, offer challenging opportunities in distribution, logistics and more, while our state-of-the-art customer service center in Lyndhurst, NJ, features opportunities for customer service professionals. And our Sterling Publishing subsidiary in New York City provides exciting opportunities in the publishing field.
We're passionate about our people and profession and are investing in all areas of our business, so the opportunities to make an impact based on your interests, skills and talents have never been greater. If you have a focus on customer satisfaction, teamwork, and enjoy the free exchange of ideas, consider joining our team.
IT Systems Support Analyst I- (2nd Shift)
The IT Systems Support Analyst will work independently, as well as part of a team, to assess requirements; plan, lead and execute projects; assist in break/fix analysis and deployment; perform problem resolution research and root cause analysis. The Analyst must have the ability to quickly learn and understand standard as well as custom computer systems and software solutions, and apply this knowledge to effectively troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- As Analyst and desktop technician (50%), will serve as initial point of contact for users of all IT supported systems, applications and services within the organization’s environment. Will provide in-house and remote end users technical support for the proper functioning of desktop hardware, software, printers, barcode scanners and related technology. You will resolve issues and manage requests via ticket tracking, assist in content development of knowledge base articles, coordinate support services through many channels and develop standard operating procedure documents for common tasks within the department.
- Will assist the IT Manager with server administration tasks (20%) including planning and implementation of new server and infrastructure equipment, regular server upkeep activities, and first line troubleshooting and escalation of server failure.
- Will provide basic network administration support (30%) including; installation, upgrade, troubleshooting of switches, routers, wireless LAN controllers and wireless access points
What you do:
- Use an excellent understanding of both hardware and software computer systems to troubleshoot and resolve issues, perform root cause analysis, and solve business problems
- Install, maintain, repair and upgrade all PC hardware, software and related peripherals to ensure optimal performance
- Acquire a solid understanding of the custom computer systems & software used in the fulfilment center and apply this knowledge to problem resolution, to support software testing, upgrades, and user training, and to ensure operational reliability.
- Act as a primary resource for prompt issue escalation both as a solution provider as well as a facilitator when the escalation scope expands outside the local IT group.
- Perform server administration duties to include; Install, maintain, repair and upgrade all Server hardware, software and related peripherals to ensure optimal performance.
- Perform first line support for all network hardware, provide network engineering support; maintain, troubleshoot and support wireless network, data cabling
- Effectively manage daily tasks and ongoing projects through proper tracking; ensure accurate and timely resolution and completion.
- Create and update detailed documentation for use in future problem resolution.
- Research and test new software and hardware implementations for use in the Fulfillment Center.
- Assist in the design and execution of complex technology projects.
- Performday-to-day administration of user accounts in Active Directory in observance of corporate security guidelines
- Apply a professional approach when communicating with all level of staff within fulfilment center as well as with outside contacts; effectively investigate, resolve and communicate technical information to non-technical staff.
What you need:
- An Associate’s degree or higher in Information Technology or related field, or commensurate experience
- 2-5 years demonstrated experience planning, implementing and supporting current and recent Windows desktop and server operating systems
- Experience installing, troubleshooting, configuring, maintaining and repairing a diverse array of IT hardware including servers, desktop PCs, laptops, laser printers, inkjet printers, Bluetooth peripherals
- Advanced experience configuring and supporting both wired and wireless technologies, installing and supporting computer networks, with a high level of understanding of technologies such as TCP/IP,DNS, DHCP, Email, HTTP, SSL, TLS
- Experience supporting WMS software in a fast paced, fulfillment center
- Willingness to work flexible shifts and scheduling including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Good communication skills, both written and oral, including ability to explain and present technical information to technical and non-technical staff
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Ability to crouch, bend, crawl, and climb a ladder as would be expected of a technician servicing equipment located under desks or mounted to the ceiling, as needed to support equipment in a busy warehouse environment
- Ability to appropriately prioritize work efforts in a fast paced high demand environment
- Strong customer service skills are a must as the analyst will be interfacing directly with end-users, by phone and in person
- A+, Network+, Security+, Project+, CCNA, MCSE, certifications preferred
- Experience with SQL, Visual Basic or other programming language preferred
To apply for this position please visit, www.bn.com
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.