Barnes & Noble Desktop Technician-Part Time in Reno, Nevada
Desktop Technician-Part Time
Barnes & Noble Company Overview
Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS) is a Fortune 500 company, the nation’s largest retail bookseller, and a leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products with annual revenues of more than $4 billion. The Company operates 648 Barnes & Noble bookstores in 50 states, and one of the Web’s premier e-commerce sites,BN.com(www.bn.com). Our Nook Digital business offers a lineup of popular NOOK®tablets and eReaders and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content through the NOOK Store®(www.nook.com).
It’s no secret why Barnes & Noble is among the best-loved and most-respected brands in the country. From becoming the first bookseller in America to discount books in the 1970s to establishing the superstore concept in the 1990s to the launch of NOOK and our current merchandise expansion into areas like educational toys and games and curated gifts, Barnes & Noble continues to revolutionize the retail industry.
Over the past few years, we have dynamically transformed our business from a store-based model to a multi-channel model centered on our retail stores, e-commerce and digital. Our multi-channel distribution platform provides customers easy and convenient access to print and digital books, magazines, newspapers, and entertainment content, along with a diverse product selection that rivals any specialty retailer. In addition, we have implemented a variety of innovative merchandising initiatives that continue to grow store traffic and sales.
With corporate offices in New York City, Westbury, NY, and Santa Clara, CA, we offer a wide range of opportunities in various disciplines, including merchandising, book buying, marketing, digital, engineering, information technology, finance and accounting. Our distribution centers in Monroe, NJ, and Reno, NV, offer challenging opportunities in distribution, logistics and more, while our state-of-the-art customer service center in Lyndhurst, NJ, features opportunities for customer service professionals. And our Sterling Publishing subsidiary in New York City provides exciting opportunities in the publishing field.
We're passionate about our people and profession and are investing in all areas of our business, so the opportunities to make an impact based on your interests, skills and talents have never been greater. If you have a focus on customer satisfaction, teamwork, and enjoy the free exchange of ideas, consider joining our team.
Desktop Technician - Part-Time
The Desktop Technicians’ role is to serve as initial point of contact for user of all IT supported systems, applications and services within the Distribution Center and by DC Operations. Will provide in-house and remote end users technical support for the proper functioning of desktop hardware, software, printers, barcode scanners and related technology.
What you do:
- Install, maintain, repair and upgrade all PC hardware, software and related peripherals to ensure optimal performance
- Use an excellent understanding of both hardware and software computer systems and applications used by DC Operations (including Warehouse Management System, warehouse controls systems) to troubleshoot and resolve issues, perform root cause analysis, and solve business problems.
- Prompt notification to individual or group assigned when assignment is outside the scope of the desktop technician.
- Day to day administration of user accounts in Active Directory in observance of corporate security guidelines
- Research and test new software and hardware implementations for future use in the organizations environment.
What you need:
- An associate’s degree or higher in Information Technology or related fields; or 1-3 years of demonstrated experience supporting current Windows operating systems.
- Experience installing, troubleshooting, configuring, maintaining and repairing a diverse array of IT hardware including desktop PCs, laptops, laser printers, inkjet printers, Bluetooth peripherals, etc
- Experience supporting Microsoft Office software and other common office software
- Experience supporting a WMS strongly preferred.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting TCP/IP
- Experience supporting wireless network devices
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Ability to crouch, bend, crawl, and climb a ladder as would be expected of a technician servicing equipment located under desks or mounted to the ceiling.
- Ability to appropriately prioritize work efforts
- Customer service skills are a must as the technician will be interfacing directly with end-users both on the phone and in person.
- Strong background in PC repair and Networking, with certifications from Microsoft, COMP TIA and Cisco preferred.
To learn more about Barnes & Noble Booksellers please go towww.bn.com
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.