Barnes & Noble Receiving Manager in Redwood City, California
CA - Redwood City - Redwood City - 1971
As a Receiving Manager, you are responsible for the daily operations of the receiving department. You support the delivery of sales goals by ensuring daily merchandise receipts are accurately processed and merchandise is available on the selling floor. You ensure operational excellence to maximize sales and profitability. You help to train and develop the best talent in your store. You care about and value people and exemplify our core values.
Auto req ID:
• Drive and grow sales and other business metrics year-over-year through efficient execution of receiving and processing of daily receipts, returns, and customer orders according to company standards.
• Assess backroom conditions and take immediate action to correct any issues through problem solving and efficient execution.
• Ensure consistent execution of merchandising strategies, operations, loyalty programs and other company initiatives.
• Provide consistent communication and model expected behaviors to ensure compliance with all policies, procedures and core values.
• Control shrink and expense by accurately completing and submitting all tracking and receiving paperwork, and ensuring that processes are followed.
• Support a successful business development program through accurately and timely processing, staging and shipping of orders.
• Assist with developing high-caliber talent through training and coaching, assisting on the sales floor when necessary.
• Partner with store manager to effectively resolve customer issues, keeping in line with our core values.
• Strong organizational and written/verbal communication skills
• Spend the majority of time on the selling floor, which requires physical activity (i.e., prolonged standing, repetitive bending, lifting, climbing)
• Availability for early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays to align with store needs
• At least one year of management or supervisory experience.