Barnes & Noble Assistant Store Manager in Pickerington, Ohio
Assistant Store Manager
OH - Pickerington - Pickerington - 2078
As an Assistant Store Manager, you are responsible for the daily operations of the store. You deliver sales goals year-over-year by supporting the store manager and ensure the store team provides exceptional customer service through our four core service principles and superior customer engagement. When acting as the manager-on-duty, you will drive sales by observing and coaching booksellers to deliver positive customer interactions and operational excellence. You help to recruit and select the best talent for your store. You care about and value people and exemplify our core values.
Auto req ID:
• Deliver and grow sales and other business metrics year-over-year.
• Observe the sales floor to recognize opportunities to coach booksellers on improving selling conversations
• Hold booksellers accountable to drive sales and enthusiastically model our selling behaviors and culture
• Assist with recruiting, selecting, onboarding and developing high-caliber talent through training, coaching and assignments.
• Make business decisions to achieve or exceed payroll results and monitor operational and productivity standards to ensure store standards are maintained
• Lead sales meetings and communicate product and promotional information
• Establish staffing plan for the shift and redeploy booksellers, based on observation and metrics, to positively impact sales and the customer experience in all departments
• Ensure facilities and visual standards are maintained to support a positive customer experience, taking immediate action to correct and ensure the best customer experience.
• Delegate operational duties to another manager whenever possible
• Provide consistent communication and model expected behaviors to ensure compliance with all policies, procedures and our core values.
• Assist with evaluating and managing employee performance in partnership with the store manager.
• Partner with the store manager to effectively resolve customer issues keeping in line with our core values.
• Strong delegation, organizational, and written/verbal communication skills
• Spend the majority of time on the selling floor, which requires physical activity (i.e., prolonged standing, repetitive bending, lifting, climbing)
• Availability for early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays to align with store needs
• College degree preferred
• At least three years of retail management experience.
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as all other protected groups.