Barnes & Noble Sr Analytics Partner, Customer in New York, New York
Sr Analytics Partner, Customer
NY-New York (Flatiron)
The Customer Analytics Manager will support the delivery of key strategic goals, including optimizing profitability by improving efficiency of marketing and media spending. Improve analytical initiatives related to consumer response and shopper behavior, moving from data to insights to action. The position plays a critical role advising cross-functional teams of new insights, recommending strategies and setting/monitoring KPIs that drive business growth. This position reports to the Director of Analytics.
Auto req ID:
• Manage the build out of our advanced marketing analytic capabilities for the enterprise marketing team
• Use quantitative and qualitative data to provide insights on our membership program, provide recommendations on future strategy
• Mine cross functional data to uncover anomalies, trends and opportunities and then create actionable plans for improvement
• Review the effectiveness of marketing campaigns, recommend spend allocation and ROI reporting
• Work closely with merchants to understand and meet the needs of the team from a marketing perspective and create self-serve solutions for the marketing team
• Use strong, detailed analytical skills as well as business acumen to provide data and analysis to assist in solving complex business problems
• Determine optimal quantitative research, techniques and design to drive strategic, foundational consumer learnings.
• Use analytic process and tools to translate data into insights for top and bottom line impacts.
• Establish himself/herself as a strategic business partner with Marketing Leadership as well as cross functional peers within Customer Marketing, Category Management, Consumer Promotion, Ecommerce, Consumer Research, etc.
• Create and use tools for ongoing analytics and KPI reporting to leverage various forms of data including agency media metrics, Nielson, IRI, store level sales, pricing, marketing mix and trade.
• Drive marketing mix analysis, including securing data inputs, modeling, interpretation, results and implications to marketing and sales activities.
• Data manipulation for synthesis of media, marketing, retailer and consumer trends; ensures relevant insights are actioned in marketing strategies.
• Demonstrated background in direct marketing analytics, which includes both online and offline channels
• Proven experience implementing best practices with marketing automation and digital attribution
• Strong background in an analytical capacity, evaluating performance of marketing campaigns, creating predictive models.
• Expert knowledge in statistical analysis, segmentation, descriptive and predictive modeling, market research, testing, consulting and project management
• Strong organization, time management, prioritization, multi-tasking, independent decision making, problem solving, interpersonal, analytical, etc. skills.
• Work well under deadlines, self-starter, innovative, team-oriented, customer-focused, out of the box thinker, etc.
• Excellent problem solving, business analysis, and quantitative skills, with an intellectually curious nature
• Ability to stay agile and composed in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills and the ability to communicate and influence at all levels within the organization.
• Self directed with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple accountabilities and multiple internal customers.
• At least 7 years of Business, Customer and Geo Spatial experience in a specialty retail environment.
• Education requirement – MBA, MS (Math, Stats, Economics) or comparable experience
• Experienced in Microsoft Office, Excel, Access, SQL, R, SAS, Python, Alteryx, Tableau (Cliq, Domo, etc.)
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.