Barnes & Noble SEO & Personalization Analyst in New York, New York
SEO & Personalization Analyst
NY-New York (Midtown)
Barnes&Noble.com is looking for a motivated, talented, and passionate individual to join our Digital Experience team. This is a hands-on role, where you will execute the SEO and personalization strategies required to improve Barnes & Noble’s SEO performance and support the greater optimization efforts of the Team. You would work with internal teams across merchandising, UX, creative, editorial and technology to complete the tasks required to enable our digital projects to drive more customers to conversion. The SEO & Personalization Analyst role is an opportunity to hone your talents and learn the ins and outs of SEO & personalization at a major ecommerce business under the guidance of an experienced Optimization team.
Auto req ID:
• Work with SEO Manager to translate SEO & personalization strategies into actionable tasks.
• Perform standard SEO tasks including keyword research, data collection and analysis, content optimization, etc.
• Perform personalization tasks on the site including coordination with data management platform (DMP) efforts such as implementation support, audience segmentation and campaign coordination with digital marketing counterparts.
• Collaborate with the Optimization team on additional personalization tactics like product recommendations, providing project management support, and coordination.
• Prioritize recommendations based on a complex set of business needs as well as SEO and customer value.
• Partner with cross-discipline teams to meet the business goals, the realities of scope, and best practices for all work.
• Perform in-depth quantitative analyses of SEO and personalization tactics performance and provide clear conclusions.
• Analyze, document and present SEO and personalization findings clearly and concisely on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
• Educate team members about the principles of SEO and how they apply in particular to their specific responsibilities and situations.
• Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, business, or related field, or equivalent work experience.
• Familiar with AEM, Endeca, & Wordpress, including platform obstacles & limitations.
• Experience in paid search as well as organic search.
• Agency experience is a plus, especially if worked on large complex accounts.
• Portfolio of IR 100-500 clients, with proven performance results that can be shared.
• Multi-channel retail experience (online and offline).
• Knows the working relationship between Affiliates, SEO, CSEs, Social, Local and SEM.
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.