Barnes & Noble Regional Loss Prevention Director in New York, New York
Regional Loss Prevention Director
Barnes & Noble is an innovator in publishing, retail, and digital media, including our award-winning NOOK® products and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content. We welcome creative, dedicated, and service-oriented team members who are passionate about being an integral part of our dynamic community and helping it thrive.
Whether your expertise is in retail, merchandising, publishing, marketing, technology, or finance, we have a place for you at Barnes & Noble.
As a regional loss prevention director (RLPD), you are responsible for collaborative development and implementation of company inventory shrink initiatives and the reduction of inventory shrink. You identify shrink issues and trends as they relate to both internal and external theft, develop solutions to support the stores and to safeguard the assets of the company.
This position will be based in one of our NYC stores.
You support and influence regional and district management on decisions that positively impact the business, ensuring that programs operate consistently within our bookselling culture, world-class customer service focus, digital strategy, and merchandising standards.
- Develop and support the implementation of strategic plans to reduce inventory shrink and protect company assets; reviews the results of these programs
- Identify potential shrink trends through data analysis and information.
- Partner with field management to determine impact, resolution and preventive measures on all shrink and quality of life issues.
- Influence regional, district and field management on decisions to positively impact the business
- Assess high-shrink stores through analysis, continuous education, visits and monitoring
- Train district, store managers, and other members of a regional and district staff on all loss prevention procedures and processes
- Conduct and resolve internal and external loss investigations
- Ensure that the loss prevention programs help support the delivery of the four core service principles: put the book in the customer’s hand, offer to order, offer the Member program and fast cashiering
- Act with integrity and trust, promoting our bookselling culture and the core values of Barnes & Noble
You are analytical, know the industry, and create and identify viable opportunities to protect company assets. You ensure policies and processes are implemented and executed appropriately within the company. You possess the flexibility to change an action or behavior quickly based upon a situation while remaining balanced when interacting within the company. You are comfortable handling risk and uncertainty and making decisions without having all the required or desired information. You are an effective presenter, influencing partners on programs to support the business goals. You provide field partners with correct information to make accurate decisions and employ the appropriate approach in various situations to support and influence results. You relate easily to people, building rapport and collaborative relationships. You comply at all times with the Standards, Policies and Code of Business Conduct and Ethics set out in the Bookseller Handbook. You should possess a high-school degree or related work experience, including a minimum of eight years of retail loss prevention, with seven years in a multi-unit format.
Barnes & Noble stores are located in all 50 states, requiring you to potentially use various forms of transportation. This position requires availability at all times and approximately 50% travel each month to various meetings and stores.
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.