Barnes & Noble Project Manager, IT in New York, New York
Project Manager, IT
NY-New York (Flatiron)
Project Manager will follow an established methodology to ensure that project’s goals and objectives are met, completed on time and within budget. They are also responsible for holding all those working on the project accountable for their deliverables.
Auto req ID:
• Leading, planning, managing and directing multiple complex projects. Responsible for coordinating, scheduling team building, maintaining working relationships with client functional areas outside of IT.
• Works in tandem with top management to achieve corporate objectives by directing and leading one or more project teams.
• Reviews and evaluates project plans and objectives.
• Tracks project progress with respect to time, budget and demonstrated results.
• Communicates progress to top management and modifies schedules as required.
• Negotiates with clients, staff and outside vendors as required. Establishes quality and performance targets.
• Applies effective project management methodologies and control techniques.
• Experience managing work-groups with strong team management, leadership and coaching skills.
• Knowledge of outsourcing methodologies and operating models, and working with professional services firms.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to develop strong client relationships.
• Bachelor degree, specialized training or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum five years of combined business, project management, team leadership and IT experience required.
• Experience with projects in multiple technologies, functions, and industries.
• PMP Certification.
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as all other protected groups.