Barnes & Noble Project Manager/ Analyst, Digital Operations in New York, New York
Project Manager/ Analyst, Digital Operations
NY-New York (Midtown)
The Project Manager of Digital Analytics & Business Planning will support our digital business, which includes BN.com and NOOK Digital. This role will provide the Digital Business and Operations teams with thoughtful, comprehensive, and meaningful analytics and tools for business planning. He/she will work directly with key leaders and contributors across the business to decipher business trends and performance, informing key strategic business decisions.
In addition, this position will serve in a Business Planning and Forecasting role. He/she will assist the Digital Organization in partnership with our Finance team in developing a short and long term view of the business across all segments, and will build modeling tools for the business to develop roadmaps over 3-5 years, as well as assess historic performance.
Lastly, the role will support the Chief Digital Officer by obtaining and providing business insights and analytics that are required for Board level business reporting. He/she will work with the business to ensure content of such reports and presentations is delivered in a manner that represents an accurate assessment of the business, and a complete picture of the strategic plans that will guide the Digital performance for the enterprise.
Auto req ID:
• Produce weekly sales reporting both shipped and demand for senior management review. Bridge weekly revenue and sales reporting with business insights to provide executives with a comprehensive view of Digital performance.
• Drive strategic customer insights around customer lifecycle, profitable customer behaviors, churn reduction, etc.
• Advise various business owners and aid in the assessment of new initiatives by forecasting potential revenue and cost.
• Analyze and manage critical and dynamic data trends and develop and refine business planning and forecasting tools.
• Analyze qualitative and quantitative data results and present findings to all levels of the organization, making strategic and actionable recommendations.
• Streamline existing data systems and platforms, continually assessing that business needs are been met. Evaluate, recommend, implement, and maintain reporting and analytical tools and strategies.
• Perform ad hoc analysis helping to identify key metrics to cross functional business teams.
• Partner with Chief Digital Officer and their direct reports to provide ad-hoc strategic research support in the following areas: business trends, industry trend analysis, customer research and internal research. Analyze and incorporate research findings into valuable insights and strategic recommendations while assisting the Director of Strategy in creating clear and compelling presentations.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics (or other relevant field).
• Minimum of 7 years of work experience in a quantitative role such as customer insights or analytics.
• Prior experience using SQL to analyze large data sets; Advanced knowledge of SQL and relational databases preferred.
• Strong strategic thinking, problem solving, analytical and decision making skills.
• Advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and other Microsoft products; Ability to write macros a plus.
• Moderate to Advanced knowledge of Adobe Analytics (Omniture).
• Must be extremely organized with superior attention to detail.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to engage and collaborate with individuals and teams throughout the organization.
• Self-starter and a multi-tasker who thrives in a changing, fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as all other protected groups.