Barnes & Noble Internal Auditor in New York, New York
NY-New York (Flatiron)
Barnes & Noble is an innovator in publishing, retail, and digital media, including our award-winning NOOK® products and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content. We welcome creative, dedicated, and service-oriented team members who are passionate about being an integral part of our dynamic community and helping it thrive.
Whether your expertise is in retail, merchandising, publishing, marketing, technology, or finance, we have a place for you at Barnes & Noble.
The Staff Internal Auditor is responsible for performing individual or team internal audit projects, as part of the total internal audit plan. Work performed will include coverage of functional and operating units, focusing on financial and operational processes.
- Perform financial, Sarbanes-Oxley and operational audits that support internal and external audit requirements in a professional manner
- Prepare audit reports and/or work papers that document the results of the work performed in a detailed and accurate way.
- Work with Internal Audit Staff to develop and run queries within ACL.
- Evaluate the company’s internal control environment. Assess the design, effectiveness and adequacy of key systems and processes based on walkthroughs and transaction compliance testing. Present results and recommendations to Internal Audit management.
- Assist Internal Audit management with periodic reporting to the Audit Committee, champion internal control and corporate governance concepts throughout the business.
- Interact with all levels of management and company employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or other comparable major.
- 1-3 years of experience
- Understand internal control concepts, with experience applying them to plan. Perform, manage and report on the evaluation of various business processes/areas/functions.
- Work independently or under the direction of other internal audit project team members.
- Excellent data analytic skills, with the ability to think “outside-the-box”. Challenge existing processes and procedures when applicable.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, to effectively present to peers and management.
- Understanding of internal auditing standards and financial reporting, apply technical accounting concepts/statutes as needed
- Able to multitask and prioritize multiple projects, working with matrixed team members.
- Travel to domestic and international locations as required.
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint
- Retail Industry experience and knowledge of Oracle/SAP/PeopleSoft is a plus
- SharePoint experience is a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of females, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.