Barnes & Noble Human Resources Summer Intern in New York, New York
Human Resources Summer Intern
NY-New York (Flatiron)
Are you interested in a hands-on summer internship experience, where you can combine passion and potential?
The Barnes & Noble Summer Internship program is designed to provide students with the exciting opportunity to apply their education in a “real-life” professional setting, while gaining valuable industry experience and transferable skills. This will be a paid 10 week program, in which Interns will partner with Mentors on accomplishing impactful company projects. The program will begin on June 5 th and end on August 11 th .
The Human Resources department is a vital part of the organization in the way that we partner with the business. Whether it be on talent acquisition, employee engagement and development, or day-to-day customer service; we pride ourselves on providing the highest-level of support for our employees. The Human Resources Intern will assist with various HR initiatives and gain visibility into B&N’s corporate HR NY office.
- Provides administrative support to the Human Resources team and in doing so learning the systems, policies, procedures and workflow of the department.
- Assists with the full lifecycle of recruitment (e.g., job postings, recruitment strategy, phone screens, scheduling, references, new-hire paperwork, etc.)
- Partners with Director and HRBP on HR reporting and analysis.
- Provides assistance with special projects as needed.
- Current enrollment in a graduate or undergraduate degree program with a background in Human Resources or Human Resources Management.
- Desire and passion for HR and recruitment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and direction.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
What You Will Learn:
- Applicant Tracking System (i.e. BrassRing), HRIS (i.e., PeopleSoft), and additional HR platforms.
- Procedural knowledge of core HR functions such as recruitment, on-boarding, off-boarding, etc.
- Visibility to HR operations within the retail industry.
- Employment law and compliance.