Barnes & Noble Digital Merchandiser in New York, New York
NY-New York (Midtown)
The Digital Merchandiser has primary responsibility for the execution of merchandising efforts on behalf of designated key product categories (Home & Gift, and certain categories of Adult Trade books.) This individual will work as part of a merchandising team members along with Digital Operations, Digital Experience, Creative/Design, Marketing, and Merchandising teams to ensure the highest level of eCommerce performance from designated product lines in support of the Barnes & Noble brand and our business initiatives.
- Devise and implement onsite merchandising for covered product lines to drive revenue, margin, and performance goals.
- Partner with individual store buyers to ensure site merchandising is aligned with product priorities.
- Using inputs from vendors and store buyers, create & implement compelling product descriptions for non-book products.
- Respond to sudden changes in the business and its trends as needed to ensure best customer experience onsite with regard to covered product lines.
- General merchandising maintenance of web pages, merchandising lists, and boutique pages on website and NOOK devices.
- Perform other tasks as needed.
- Familiarity with book/video/music/popular culture product lines a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, evolving atmosphere.
- Must be highly motivated and organized with a demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize appropriately.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access, and other Microsoft Office programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2-5 years eCommerce merchandising experience preferred.