Barnes & Noble Allocation Analyst in New York, New York
Barnes & Noble is an innovator in publishing, retail, and digital media, including our award-winning NOOK® products and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content.
We welcome creative, dedicated, and service-oriented team members who are passionate about being an integral part of our dynamic community and helping it thrive.
Whether your expertise is in retail, merchandising, publishing, marketing, technology, or finance, we have a place for you at Barnes & Noble.
The Allocation Analyst is a critical member of the Planning team. Working at the intersection of merchant, store, and supply chain operations, the Allocation Analyst is responsible for maintaining appropriate inventory levels for our stores to support sales, promotions, visual merchandising, and local trends. Although the Allocation Analyst works with products, the focus is always on the science of distribution, replenishment, capacity, and store clustering.
The Allocation Analyst takes the product the merchants have invested in and creates as well as maintains the quantitative relationship between those products and our stores.
- Executes initial distributions for new product per an established calendar and in accordance with historical sales patterns, fixture capacity, store layout, and promotional or display plans set by the buyer.
- Replenishes products in response to projected sales factoring in marketing plans and other intelligence supplied by the merchant team. Determine if and when a product should be expanded to a larger store population.
- Maintains a pool of inventory reserved for e-commerce and paid customer special orders.
- Prepares Excel-based reporting to document key metrics
- Provides timely follow-up to questions from key business partners
- Works within a broad range of applications
- Participates in planning and brainstorming sessions within the allocation team and in business reviews with the merchants and supply chain teams.
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic with the ability to complete work on time with consistent attention to detail.
- Bachelor's degree.
- A strong work ethic with a commitment to achieving targeted objectives.
- Higher-level Excel skills required; intermediate-level Access skills preferred.
- The flexibility to work with processes and systems that are evolving and subject to change.
- Commitment to working with products and analytics on a granular level.
- The ability to build strong partnership relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of females, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.