Barnes & Noble Operations Supervisor 2nd Shift in Monroe, New Jersey
Operations Supervisor 2nd Shift
Barnes & Noble is an innovator in publishing, retail, and digital media, including our award-winning NOOK® products and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content. We welcome creative, dedicated, and service-oriented team members who are passionate about being an integral part of our dynamic community and helping it thrive.
Whether your expertise is in retail, merchandising, publishing, marketing, technology, or finance, we have a place for you at Barnes & Noble.
What You Do:
- Monitor attendance daily to ensure company guidelines are adhered to and staffing levels are adequate to meet production needs.
- Monitor the production, coaching and performance of hourly staff to ensure departmental production requirements are being met.
- Monitor the cleanliness of work area and directs staff to maintain and enforce clean workstations and reinforce company’s standard operating procedures.
- Cover shift to ensure shift starts and ends according to preset guidelines including completion of reporting.
- Maintains effective communication with fellow Supervisors on duty prior to start and end of shifts to ensure a smooth transition and consistency between shifts.
- Supervisors are required to report to work a minimum of 30 minutes prior to shift start up to accommodate the need for consistency between shifts and information exchange regarding company guidelines and employee related topics/concerns.
- Flexibility to change or cover shifts to accommodate business needs including training and meeting volume demands and be flexible with scheduling, which will include weekends and holidays during peak season.
- Train and monitor hourly staff in establishing and promoting safety guidelines while reinforcing safety standards to promote a safe work environment.
- Provide leadership by establishing clear expectations and demonstrating high standards of work practices and safety conscious behavior.
- Ability to interpret company policies and procedures to hourly staff while resolving employee issues in a timely and effective manner and escalating issues to management and human resources when deemed appropriate.
- Assist in the development, training and guiding of Lead Clerks and hourly staff for potential prospects and possible advancement.
What You Need:
- Candidate must have a minimum of 2 years experience as a supervisor directing a staff of at least 20 and experience in the area of distribution and logistics a plus.
- Excellent oral & written communication skill with the ability to communicate to all levels of employees and management in a calm and effective manner.
- Experience in coaching, motivating and team building.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite and warehouse management systems a plus.
- Knowledge of conveyor systems, storage & retrieval systems.
- Knowledge of inventory management and control.
To learn more about Barnes & Noble Booksellers please go to www.barnesandnobleinc.com .
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.