Barnes & Noble Material Handlers-FT & PT All Shifts in Monroe, New Jersey
Material Handlers-FT & PT All Shifts
Barnes & Noble is an innovator in publishing, retail, and digital media, including our award-winning NOOK® products and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content. We welcome creative, dedicated, and service-oriented team members who are passionate about being an integral part of our dynamic community and helping it thrive.
Whether your expertise is in retail, merchandising, publishing, marketing, technology, or finance, we have a place for you at Barnes & Noble.
This is what makes us stand out above the rest?
- Static 40hrs/week
- Part-time & Full-time schedules available
- Steady shift and schedule (1st& 2ndshift)
- “YOU” pick your scheduled “Overtime Time” day
- A climate-controlled warehouse environment
- Subsidized full service cafeteria
- A 2 Week On-The-Job Training Program
- Employee Discount Program ranging from 20%-50% off books, multimedia, reading devices and more
What You Do:
- In this temporary role you will replenish and provide supplies or product to assigned areas so as to maintain high productivity and minimum downtime
- Palletize and de-palletize merchandise and ensure the safe, efficient buildup/breakdown of pallets
- Load and unload trailers in a manner that ensures damage free merchandise
- Ensure broken down freight is properly stored, staged and protected from the elements at all times
- Rotate to different areas within the warehouse depending on the needs and priorities of the business
- Frequent and safe use of hand tools: box cutters, tape gun, and cleaning gear
What You Need:
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and perform continuous lifting, pushing and pulling up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in a physically demanding role
- Knowledge of the RF (Radio Frequency) gun
- Warehouse experience a plus
- Must be able to accurately and efficiently move material so orders are neat and damage free
- Able to handle multiple assignments in a fast paced environment
- Act with integrity and trust, promoting our bookselling culture and core values
- Read and understand written English
Note: 1st Shift Hours: Monday-Friday/Sun-Thurs, 7:00am-3:30pm
2nd Shift Hours: Monday-Friday/Sun-Thurs, 4:00pm-12:30am
To learn more about Barnes & Noble Booksellers please go to www.barnesandnobleinc.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of females, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.