Barnes & Noble Desktop Technician-Temporary (Part-Time) in Monroe, New Jersey
Desktop Technician-Temporary (Part-Time)
Barnes & Noble is an innovator in publishing, retail, and digital media, including our award-winning NOOK® products and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content. We welcome creative, dedicated, and service-oriented team members who are passionate about being an integral part of our dynamic community and helping it thrive.
Whether your expertise is in retail, merchandising, publishing, marketing, technology, or finance, we have a place for you at Barnes & Noble.
What You Do:
In temporary part-time this role you will support the DC Administration and DC Operations with any IT issues related to systems, software, network, phones, printers and any other technology device.
What You Need:
- 3-5 years of strong technical and personal skills with the ability to work independently.
- Effective communication skills both oral and written.
- Previous knowledge and experience in repair of computer hardware and software, desktops, laptops, printers and diagnostics.
- Knowledge in the following applications: Microsoft Office, Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 and familiarity with wireless technology is a plus
- Hands on technical skills required with a strong knowledge of how to troubleshoot and repair system problems hardware and software.
- Strong background in PC repair and networking and certifications from Microsoft, COMP TIA and Cisco preferred.
- Must be flexible with scheduling and work hours may include weekends and being oncall.
To learn more about Barnes & Noble Booksellers please go to www.barnesandnobleinc.com .
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.