Barnes & Noble Customer Service Support Specialist in Lyndhurst, New Jersey
Customer Service Support Specialist
This position is responsible for assisting Retail stores by providing product and service information; resolving product and service inquiries via email and/or telephone. Create and maintain B2B records. Work with various teams and vendors to address any inquiries. This position will require working in other areas as required for business needs.
Auto req ID:
• Handle, research, and resolve all phone and email inquiries/requests from stores promptly, accurately, and efficiently
• Complete all follow-up work related to customer orders
• May be required to work in one or multiple queues and/or skill sets
• Handle outbound calls/emails to multiple vendors for product/order inquiries
• Receive inbound calls related to price, availability, order status, order issues (damaged items, etc.), and returns
• Work with Retail management team to resolve urgent, escalated issues/orders for the stores and their customers
• Support additional duties as necessary in high volume or promotional periods in service center
• Complete work according to standards as determined by supervisor/manager
• Act with integrity and trust, promoting our core values
• Adhere to work schedule as set by the needs of the contact center
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in customer service
• Minimum High School diploma or equivalent
• Excellent Microsoft Office Suite skills required with an emphasis on Outlook, Excel and Word.
• Knowledge of contact center technologies i.e. Oracle or equivalent.
• Ability to quickly learn and adapt information about new policies, procedures and processes within the company.
• Strong problem solving, resolution, and analytical skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Good organizational and team work skills.
• Conflict management skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work in a stressful environment and maintain a positive and productive attitude.
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as all other protected groups.
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.