Barnes & Noble Steward/Disher in Edina, Minnesota
Come join Barnes & Noble, a fortune 500 company and the nation’s largest retail bookseller, as we launch four new concept stores this fiscal year. Our new stores will feature a Café double in size of our current cafés with a contemporary aesthetic, an expanded food and beverage offering, including wine and beer, and a major commitment to hospitality, featuring tableside service. We’ve partnered with the Branstetter Group and Avroko, leaders in the restaurant consulting business, to help us design the space and menu. The new food and beverage offerings, along with our focus on hospitality, will further reinforce Barnes & Noble as a destination and a place where people come to spend time and unwind. Come join Barnes & Noble on this exciting venture where you will notonly be serving customers, you’ll be serving your community and helping to sell literacy.
As a Steward/Disher you'll adhere to specifications and standards in operating the dishwashing machine to wash designated Restaurant and Kitchen wares, clean and maintain equipment and Dishwashing/ Kitchen/Compactor and Storage areas. Assist in washing pots, pans and other Kitchen utensils/equipment. Complete other special cleaning projects as assigned.
- Fluency in job related English, both verbal and non-verbal
- Compute basic arithmetic
perform duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy and follow-through
- perform duties under variable working conditions (example: heat or cold)
- follow directions
- adapt to meet priority changes of work flow or requirements
- operate designated machinery
- Previous experience as restaurant dishwasher or in janitorial/cleaning position
- Familiarity with proper sanitation regulations
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling
- Exert physical effort in transporting up to 50 pounds
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
- Remain in stationary position for 4 to 6 hours throughout work shift.
- Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment; use equipment only as intended
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas
- Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated items, according to OSHA regulations
- Set up and organize work station with designated supplies and equipment; report shortages to supervisor; replenish as needed throughout the shift
- Check the working condition of dishwashing machine in accordance with specifications; rectify any deficiencies
- Position wares in designated racks correctly and send through dishwashing machine only when full
- Inspect the cleanliness and condition of all washed wares and rewash wares not meeting standards
- Sort, stack and store cleaned wares in designated areas
- Handle all wares carefully to prevent breakage and loss
- Change dishwashing machine water/filters and refill as specified to ensure all wares are properly cleaned
- Monitor usage of dishwashing machine and chemicals to maximize consumption of water and chemicals
- Maintain cleanliness and working condition of garbage disposal
- Clean spills in Kitchen and work areas immediately.
- Other duties as assigned by MOD or Supervisor
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.