Barnes & Noble Restaurant Barista - Part-Time in Eastchester, New York
Restaurant Barista - Part-Time
NY - Eastchester - Eastchester - 3304
Come join Barnes & Noble, a Fortune 500 Company and the nation’s largest retail bookseller as we launch an exciting, new, full-service restaurant concept in multiple locations around the country. We have partnered with The Branstetter Group and AvroKO, leaders in the restaurant consulting business, to help design the space and menu. The new food and beverage offerings, along with our focus on hospitality, will further reinforce Barnes & Noble as a destination and a place where people come to spend time, dine and unwind. This position will be responsible for making and selling beautiful and delicious espresso-based drinks on a state-of-the-art espresso machine and acting as a cashier for the restaurant and Grab & Go food items.
- Prepare and serve drinks, including delicious espresso-based drinks on a state-of-the-art espresso machine in accordance with health code and Restaurant Coffee Bar standards
- Provide world-class customer service by delivering the four core service principles of the: provide timely and friendly Restaurant Coffee Bar service, suggestive selling, maintain product presentation standards, and maintain Restaurant Coffee Bar cleanliness
- Perform all support tasks in the Restaurant Coffee Bar, including but not necessarily limited to, cleaning cases and equipment, and restocking displays and Grab & Go food items, in accordance with Restaurant standards
- Maintain Restaurant Coffee Bar cleanliness at all times, using the maintenance checklists to follow up on tasks throughout the day
- Perform all opening and closing procedures and support tasks in accordance with Restaurant Coffee Bar standards
- Protect company assets by ensuring the accurate execution of loss prevention procedures, including but not necessarily limited to the following; cashiering and inventory standards, monitoring waste logs, recording sampling, and adhering to discount and return policies
- Ability to input and access information in the Point-of-Sale system with high degree of accuracy
- Help orient new Restaurant Coffee Bar Baristas, ensuring a smooth acclimation to the store/restaurant and our bookselling culture
Assist in any are of the Restaurant when necessary, including but not limited to the bar, cash register and table service
Provide general assistance to customers of the bookstore and restaurant
- Act with integrity and trust, promoting our bookselling culture and core values
You sell and share your knowledge with customers and other Baristas, contributing to the overall success of your store. You relate easily to others, building rapport and collaborative relationships with the store/restaurant team and customers. You acknowledge, greet, and listen effectively to customers to ensure courteous and quick service. You take the initiative to expand your knowledge and understanding of the business. You are comfortable in a changing environment, with multitasking, with learning new systems and processes, and with assisting in all areas of the restaurant. You comply at all times with the Standards, Policies, and Code of Business Conduct and Ethics set out in the Bookseller Handbook. You work in the Restaurant as needed, which requires physical activity, including maneuvering around the restaurant including back rooms, prolonged standing, repetitive bending, climbing, and lifting. Our stores are open daily, which requires early morning, evening, weekend, and holiday availability. You should be capable of using a computer and cash register.