Barnes & Noble Receiver - Part-Time in Burnsville, Minnesota
Receiver - Part-Time
MN - Burnsville - Burnsville - 2096
Barnes & Noble is an innovator in publishing, retail, and digital media, including our award-winning NOOK® products and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content. We welcome creative, dedicated, and service-oriented team members who are passionate about being an integral part of our dynamic community and helping it thrive. Whether your expertise is in retail, merchandising, publishing, marketing, technology, or finance, we have a place for you at Barnes & Noble.
As a Receiver, you are responsible for delivering world-class customer service by properly receiving, sorting, and returning freight. You enrich the customer's experience through your commitment to our four core service principles while on the selling floor and in the receiving area. You have a passion for what you do and support the receiving manager by performing your daily assigned operational tasks.
Auto req ID:
• Provide world-class customer service by delivering the four core service principles: put the book in the customer's hand, offer to order, offer the Member program, and fast cashiering.
• Process daily receipts, customer orders, and returns according to Integrated Store Operations (ISO) standards.
• Protect company assets by adhering to all inventory and loss prevention standards.
• Maintain an organized and clean receiving area at all times.
• Support the store team by shelving, zoning, and assisting customers in any area of the store when needed, including but not limited to cashwrap, Cafe‚ and specialty areas.
• Help orient new receivers, ensuring a smooth acclimation to the store and our bookselling culture.
• Act with integrity and trust, promoting our bookselling culture and core values.
• You relate easily to others, building rapport and collaborative relationships with the store team.
• You are detail-oriented and accurate when processing paperwork and you work to expand your knowledge and understanding of the business.
• You are an effective listener, sharing your knowledge with your fellow booksellers, contributing to the overall success of your store. You are comfortable in a changing environment, with multitasking, with learning new systems and processes, and with assisting in all areas of the store.
• You comply at all times with the Standards, Policies, and Code of Business Conduct and Ethics set out in the Bookseller Handbook.
• You work in the receiving area of the store and on the selling floor as necessary, which requires physical activity, including maneuvering around the store including back rooms, prolonged standing, repetitive bending, climbing, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
• Our stores are open daily, which requires early morning, evening, weekend, and holiday availability.
• You should be capable of using a computer and cash register.
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.