Barnes & Noble Café Manager in Brighton, Michigan
MI - Green Oak Township - Green Oak Village Place - 2251
As a Cafe Manager, you are responsible for the daily operations of the Cafe. You deliver sales goals year-over-year by supporting the store manager and ensure the team provides exceptional customer service through our four core service principles. You deliver operational excellence in your Cafe to maximize sales, profitability and productivity. You help to recruit and select the best talent for your cafe. You care about and value people and exemplify our core values.
Auto req ID:
• Deliver and grow café sales and other business metrics year-over-year.
• Optimize every sales opportunity by ensuring the café team consistently executes café merchandising strategy, café operations and other company initiatives.
• Motivate and train café team to ensure superior levels of safety, cleanliness, and quality
• Execute the scheduling and deployment of café servers to ensure that all team members work effectively to provide superior customer service and achieve productivity goals
• Assist with recruiting, selecting and developing high-caliber talent through training, coaching and assignments.
• Mentor café servers, and expect them to drive sales and enthusiastically model our selling behaviors
• Ensure that product quality and third-party standards are executed and maintained
• Manage inventory levels, receiving, purchasing, waste control, and equipment maintenance and repair
• Create a culture of pro-active customer engagement to exceed our customer’s expectations.
• Supports implementation of cost, quality, and service improvement initiatives
• Control shrink, expenses and payroll and hold the café team accountable to do the same.
• Provide consistent communication and model expected behaviors to ensure compliance with all policies and procedures.
• Partner with store manager to evaluate employee performance and proactively address any issues
• Assist with investigating and effectively resolving customer and employee issues keeping in line with our core values and in partnership with the store manager.
• Assess facility conditions and take immediate action to correct and ensure the best customer experience.
• Strong delegation, organizational and written/verbal communication skills
• Spend the majority of time on the selling floor, which requires physical activity (i.e., prolonged standing, repetitive bending, lifting, climbing)
• Availability for early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays to align with store needs
• Ability to multi-task
• At least two years of management experience, preferably in food service or hospitality.
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as all other protected groups.