Barnes & Noble Digital Sales Lead in Boston, Massachusetts
Digital Sales Lead
MA - Boston - Prudential Center - 2115
Barnes & Noble is an innovator in publishing, retail, and digital media, including our award-winning NOOK® products and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content. We welcome creative, dedicated, and service-oriented team members who are passionate about being an integral part of our dynamic community and helping it thrive.
Whether your expertise is in retail, merchandising, publishing, marketing, technology, or finance, we have a place for you at Barnes & Noble.
As a Digital Sales Lead, you have a passion for technology and selling digital products. You enrich the customer's experience by sharing your knowledge to determine and meet the customer's needs. You deliver world-class customer service through your commitment to our four core service principles and by making the store experience interactive, engaging, and reassuring.
- Greet and establish rapport with customers, engaging them in conversation about our digital products and services.
- Ask questions to identify customer needs, providing recommendations that connect the customer to the right solutions or products.
- Share technical knowledge and enthusiasm about our devices and services, providing a personalized experience to multiple customers at the same time.
- Respond to customer's concerns and questions, and wrap up the sale.
- Provide product information and adapt your communication style based on the technical comprehension and needs of the customer.
- Provide technical advice and assistance to customer including but not limited to general device operation, downloading, customization of content and display, software updates, troubleshooting, accessories, and protection plans.
- Educate booksellers regarding the features and benefits and selling of our digital products and services.
- Keep current on the competition and any new digital advancements.
- Check inventory levels, observe loss prevention standards, respond to all EAS activations, and ensure that devices are properly charged and fully operational for every shift.
- Maintain visual standards for all digital devices, accessories and displays.
- Act with integrity and trust, promoting our bookselling culture and core values.
- You are technically savvy, and have a thorough knowledge of and interest in current trends and developments.
- You effectively sell, sharing technical knowledge with customers and booksellers, contributing to the overall success of the store.
- You relate easily to others, building rapport and collaborative relationships with the store team and customers.
- You are able to talk easily with all customers, from first-time users to the most technologically proficient.
- You are an effective listener and enjoy working with people.
- You remain calm under pressure and act as a settling influence when interacting with customers and the store team.
- You are comfortable in a changing environment, with multitasking, and with learning new systems and processes.
- You possess the ability to learn under changing conditions, are a relentless and versatile learner, and enjoy the challenge of unfamiliar situations.
- You comply at all times with the Standards, Policies, and Code of Business Conduct and Ethics set out in the Bookseller Handbook.
- You spend a majority of your time on the selling floor, which requires physical activity, including maneuvering around the store, prolonged standing, repetitive bending, climbing and lifting.
- Our stores are open daily, which requires early morning, evening, weekend, and holiday availability.
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups