Barnes & Noble Store Manager in Training in Albany, New York
Store Manager in Training
NY - Albany - Colonie Centre - 2275
Barnes & Noble is an innovator in publishing, retail, and digital media, including our award-winning NOOK® products and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content. We welcome creative, dedicated, and service-oriented team members who are passionate about being an integral part of our dynamic community and helping it thrive.
Whether your expertise is in retail, merchandising, publishing, marketing, technology, or finance, we have a place for you at Barnes & Noble.
WHAT YOU DO
- Lead and manage a store ensuring all operations are consistent with our bookselling culture, world-class customer service focus and merchandising standards.
- Strategically plan and allocate all resources in order to maximize store sales, profitability and efficiencies.
- Recruit, train and build a diverse, knowledgeable and motivated team.
- Foster an environment that is both employee-centric and customer-centric.
- Model, coach and teach a store team to deliver the customer service principles, merchandising direction and operational standards of Barnes & Noble.
- At least three years of experience as a store manager, preferably in more than one location.
- Solid knowledge of retail operations.
- Strong analytical skills, and ability to utilize business reports and industry and competitor knowledge to consistently identify opportunities to drive sales.
- Ability to assess situations, customize solutions and communicate plans to direct reports in order to accomplish objectives.
- Ability to coordinate, communicate and balance multiple projects simultaneously.
- Work on the selling floor, requiring physical activity.
- Flexible schedule-our stores are open daily, which requires early morning, evening, weekend and holiday availability.
To learn more about Barnes & Noble Booksellers please go to http://www.barnesandnobleinc.com/ .
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.